Improved File Picker
We've been working towards improving our File Picker, and introducing the Template Management System. This update is the first of many to come, designed to allow better control over your templates and files.
The File Picker has been given it a newer, cleaner look and more consistent with the rest of Xara Cloud. There will be still more updates to come to improve this so stay tuned for further updates!
Another long requested improvement is the ability to preview any of the templates before opening them, and you can now do that by hovering over any of the designs and clicking Preview:
This will show you all the pages within this template, and even allow you to open a particular page:
Both templates and your files are at the same location on the left hand panel, so there is no need to switch to another screen to access either of them.
Easy template category selection and file upload
Sometimes it can be hard to find the right template category for what you want to create, so we've added Create new button which will give you a short list of common categories for your industry, making it faster and easier to create the design you want!
Alternatively, you may already have a file that you simply want to upload and continue editing, in which case no problem! Simply click on the upload button next to the Create new button and select the file you wish to upload:
Please let us know what you think of these new features through the Intercom button at the bottom right of your screen!
Bug Fixes and Improvements
General / UI
- Fixed an issue when zooming on a Mac with a touchpad / touchscreen.
- Fixed an issue which caused an account to not be created when email failed to send.
- Fixed an error when opening a template, saving and then adding a cloud drive.
- Fixed an error which caused no team to be selected after member or admin is turned into a guest.
- Fixed an issue which caused the check icon on selected page category to be mis-aligned in IE.
- Fixed an error when changing theme on growing company presentation template.