The first and every time you start a new Xara Cloud session you'll be presented with the document file picker.
Here you can open a new template or any files you have saved in OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Drive. You can also connect additional cloud drive accounts. The first time you access these you will be asked to grant permission to access your files.
The file picker showing available cloud drives and a range of document templates. Recent Document files appear in the lower pane. Click on a cloud drive to access your documents. Note that the first time you sign in you’ll see a simplified version of the picker containing only the templates.
Using the File Picker
- The controls, top right, allow you to sort by Date or Name, and view by thumbnail or list. In list view you can also sort by file size - there's also a Settings option
- The file picker only shows .xar .web and PDF, Word or PPT document files. When you’re picking images (you can replace images in your document) it shows image thumbnails.
- You can zoom the thumbnails to be smaller or larger by using Ctrl + mouse wheel. Or tap the magnifier icon bottom left. On a touch device just pinch/zoom.
- Whenever you choose to open or save a file, the picker always starts from this ‘home screen’ showing the different cloud drives you can pick from, and recent files. But when you go into any cloud drive, it will remember where you were last.
- When navigating the file picker, the top left shows you the path you are currently looking at. You can navigate up the hierarchy by clicking any of the folder names and back to the home screen by clicking the cloud icon: The X, left end, will close the file picker and return you to the editor. The cloud icon is the picker home screen, where you can select a cloud drive, and see recent files.
- On desktop mouse systems if you hold the pointer over a file it shows you the full filename and size.
- When you access a folder of Xara documents for the first time, the file thumbnails have to be generated, which can take a few seconds. After this they are cached and subsequent access to this folder will be faster.
The magnifier control (bottom left) controls the size of the file thumbnails. Use the left end toggle control to quickly toggle between maximum sized icons and your preferred thumbnail size.
When you pick a .xar or .web or PDF, Word or PPT file from your cloud drive it opens with the Xara Cloud editor.